Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hello, Introduction to German Culture class my name is Tristen Witthuhn. I come from a family of seven. I am the first to attend a four year university. What I want to get out of this class is four things. First, I want to learn the history of Germany, From the beginning to the present day. I think if we can know the history of a group of people, then we can understand them. Second, I want to learn about the division of Germany. Why was it in a particular place in Germany? What was the cause and effects? Is there still a difference between west and east Germany? This is a few of my many questions regarding the division of Germany? Thirdly, I want to learn how Germany produces some the best cars in world.  Also how can a country produce so many high quality automobiles? What was the drive to produce such great automobiles? In the United States of America, people notice when a person drives a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes Benz. Driving one of those automobiles directly connects that person with money and power. I understand that one of those cars on average cost 10,000 to 20,000 dollars more then a Chevrolet or Ford. What I want to know is why do people spent the extra money to drive German automobiles? In many aspects the automobiles are at the same level. What makes them so different? Finally, I want to know what makes German people significant compare to other people in world. Going inside the thinking processes of the people would be the most important element of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment