Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The view of the war through Paul Bäumer

Paul Bäumer

http://www.firstworldwar.com/bio/baumer.htm 10/7/14
I am young. I am full of hope and expire to become a great person. I am in school with young man just like me, in military school. The world is changing around us, war is breaking out and our country is in need for soldiers. Our teacher advocates that we take action and step up for our nation and fight. I think will be a great place. A time for travel, a time for living a live that goes beyond my hometown. Then after hard training and getting into the routine war isn't what I thought it was. The food is bad, if we get any at all. The worst part of my experience of warfare is the thought that never leave your mind. In training camp or other know has boot camp they teach you that your fighting people that aren't worth living, and that they're better of die then alive. I went through some intense hand-to-hand combat and stabbed a French solider. That French solider was a husband and a father, his wife and or his children will ever see him again. I have to live with that for the rest of my life. I wake up in the middle of the night screaming because of the war. War is old men sending young men to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment